First time at this stadium 🏟 as we are Nottingham Forest Women FC supporters
and our team have just moved here.
Nice pitch, good clean facilities, food and drink plus a club house. Good car park and close to bus stops from and to Nottingham.
Long Eaton St Helens played at the Recreation Ground, which had previously been used by Long Eaton Rangers. The new Long Eaton Town played at the stadium after their 1949 establishment, but soon relocated to Grange Park on the other side of the road after difficulties dealing with the stadium owners. A terraced stand was built on one side of the pitch, with another stand erected on the other side in 1957, consisting of a roof over earth banking. More cover for spectators was erected next to the new stand using an old nissen hut. However, the club was unable to enclose the council-owned ground or erect stands behind the goals amid opposition from local residents who considered it to be a public site. Floodlights were installed in 1998 and the ground was enclosed soon afterwards. A new seated stand, later named the Big Jim Stand, was built on the site of the second stand, with the nissen hut stand replaced with a new covered area. The original stand was also redeveloped and seating installed.