1. Carlisle United Football Club is a professional football club based in Carlisle, Cumbria, England. The club was founded in 1904 and plays its home games at Brunton Park.
2. Carlisle United has a long and varied history, having played in all four tiers of the English football league system. The club has won the Football League Third Division (now League One) once, and have also been League Two champions twice.
3. Brunton Park, the club's home ground, has a capacity of just under 18,000. The stadium has undergone several renovations and improvements over the years, and is known for its distinctive "Paddock" stand, which features an open-air terrace.
4. Due to being the only professional football club for some distance Carlisle attracts fans from all over Cumbria and the surrounding areas. The club's traditional colours are blue shirts with blue shorts and blue socks.
5. In 2005, Carlisle United was hit by severe flooding that caused extensive damage to Brunton Park and the surrounding area. The club was forced to play its home games at other venues for several months while repairs were carried out. Despite the setback, the club has continued to thrive and remains an important part of the local community.