1. Shrewsbury Town FC, often referred to simply as Shrewsbury or The Shrews, is a professional football club based in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, England. The club was founded in 1886.
2. They play their home matches at the Montgomery Waters Meadow stadium (New Meadow), which has a seating capacity of around 10,000 spectators. The stadium was opened in 2007.
3. Rivals include AFC Wrexham, Walsall, Port Vale and AFC Telford United (who are also based in Shropshire).
4. Shrewsbury Town's recent highlights include winning promotion to League One in 2011-12 and 2014-15 both times by finishing Runners-up in League Two. They were also Runners-up in the Football League Trophy 2017-18.
5. Shrewsbury's highest finish in the FA Cup is reaching the Quarter-finals in 1978-79 and 1981-82.