1. Newport County AFC is a professional football club based in Newport, South Wales. The club was founded in 1912 and is nicknamed The Exiles.
2. The team has played most of its history in the lower divisions of English football, but has enjoyed recent success with promotion to League Two in the 2013/14 season. They also finished the 2020-21 season in 5th place and reached the play-off final.
3. Newport County AFC plays its home matches at Rodney Parade, which is a multi-purpose stadium that also hosts rugby and other events. The stadium has a capacity of 7,850 for football matches.
4. Newport County AFC has a rivalry with nearby club Cardiff City, although the two clubs have not played each other regularly in recent years due to being in different divisions.
5. Other rivals include Wrexham, Bristol Rovers, Cheltenham Town and Forest Green Rovers.