1. Port Vale FC is a professional football club based in Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, England. The club was founded in 1876 and their nickname is The Valiants.
2. Port Vale FC plays its home matches at Vale Park, a stadium with a capacity of around 15,000 spectators. The stadium has been the club's home since it opened in 1950.
3. Port Vale FC has primarily competed in the lower divisions of English football. Their highest Football League finish was 5th place in the Second Division (second tier) in 1930/31.
4. The club's main rivals are Stoke City they first played each other in 1882. Other rivals include Crewe Alexandra, Walsall and Shrewsbury Town.
5. Over the years, Port Vale FC has had notable achievements, including winning the Football League Trophy (known as the EFL Trophy) in 1993 and 2001. They reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup in 1953/54.