1. Grimsby Town Football Club is an English professional football club based in Cleethorpes, North East Lincolnshire. The club was founded in 1878 and they are known as The Mariners.
2. The club's home ground is Blundell Park, which has a capacity of 9,052 spectators. The stadium was opened in 1899 and has been the club's home ground ever since, although it has been renovated several times over the years.
3. Grimsby Town has a long and storied history, having won several lower-league titles and cup competitions. The club's biggest recent achievements include winning the National League play-off final in 2022 gaining promotion to League Two.
4. Another recent highlight was getting to the quarter-finals of the FA Cup in March 2023 by beating Southampton 2-1 away from home.
5. The club has a strong local rivalry with several nearby teams, including Lincoln City and Scunthorpe United. Games between these teams are known as a Lincolnshire Derby.