1. Gillingham Football Club is an English professional football club based in Gillingham, Kent. The club was founded in 1893 and are known as The Gills.
2. The club's home ground is Priestfield Stadium, which has a capacity of 11,582 spectators. The stadium was opened in 1893 and has been the club's home ground ever since, although it has been renovated and expanded several times over the years.
3. Gillingham's highest-ever league finish is eleventh in the second tier of English football, which they achieved in the 2002-03 season.
4. Gillingham is the only Kent based club in the Football League.
5. Rivalries include Millwall and Swindon Town. Despite the distance between Gillingham and Swindon there have been bad-tempered games between the two sides since the 1970s.