1. Bristol Rovers FC is a professional football club based in Bristol, England. They were founded in 1883 and are one of the oldest football clubs in the country.
2. The team's home ground is the Memorial Stadium, which has a capacity of 9,832 spectators. The stadium has been Bristol Rover's home since 1996.
3. Bristol Rovers FC has a fierce local rivalry with Bristol City. The two teams play in the "Bristol Derby". Other rivals include Swindon Town, Cheltenham Town, Forest Green Rovers and Yeovil Town.
4. In recent times the club have had success getting promoted from League Two. They achieved promotion in 2015-16, 2021-22 and were play-off winners in 2006-07.
5. They are known for their blue and white quartered shirts and their nicknames are The Pirates and The Gas.