1. Swindon Town Football Club is a professional football club based in Swindon, Wiltshire. The club was founded in 1879 and are known as The Robins.
2. Swindon Town's home ground is The County Ground, which has a capacity of over 15,700 spectators. The stadium was opened in 1892 and has been the club's home ever since.
3. Swindon Town has a long and storied history in English football. The club's greatest achievement came in 1969, when they won the League Cup by defeating Arsenal 3-1 in the final. The team was managed by Danny Williams at the time, and the victory remains the only major trophy in the club's history.
4. Over the years, Swindon Town has had a number of notable players, including Don Rogers, Glenn Hoddle, Jan Aage Fjortoft, and Charlie Austin.
5. Swindon Town has a strong rivalry with Oxford United. The two teams first played each other competitively in 1965, and their matches are known as the A420 derby, named after the road that connects them.