1. Crewe Alexandra Football Club is an English professional football club based in Crewe, Cheshire. The club was founded in 1877 and are known as The Railwaymen.
2. The club's home ground is Gresty Road, which has a capacity of 10,153 spectators. The stadium has been the club's home since 1906 and has undergone several renovations and upgrades over the years.
3. Crewe Alexandra is known for its excellent youth academy, which has produced several talented players over the years. The academy is highly regarded in English football and has been described as one of the best in the country.
4. The club's most successful period came in the 1990s and early 2000s when they were managed by Dario Gradi. During this time, the club gained promotion to the second tier of English football twice.
5. Crewe Alexandra has a strong local rivalry with Port Vale, which is located just 12 miles away. The two clubs first met in 1892 and have played each other over 80 times. Other rivalries include Wrexham, Shrewsbury Town and Stoke City.