Alloa Athletic have played at Recreation Park since 1895. A wooden main stand was built during the 1920s. Around 1950, a terracing cover was built on the Hilton Road Side. A record attendance of 15,467 was set by a 1954–55 Scottish Cup match against Celtic. Floodlights were installed in 1979. A new main stand was opened in 1991. The new main stand cost £350,000, most of which was provided by the Football Trust. By the mid-1990s, when the ground was being used for Rangers reserve team matches, capacity had been restricted to just over 4,000. An artificial surface was installed at the ground before the 2007–08 season. A seated stand was constructed on the Hilton Road Side in 2008.Clyde played matches at Recreation Park early in the 2012–13 season, while a synthetic surface was being installed at Broadwood Stadium.
On 12 September 2014, a six-figure sponsorship deal was struck that saw the stadium renamed as The Indodrill Stadium. However, supporters of the club continue to call it Recreation Park, Recreation Grounds or The Recs. In June 2016 it was announced that from the 2016–17 season, Alloa would ground share with Lowland Football League side BSC Glasgow, while the latter continued to work towards their goal of having their own facility. Structure and facilities Recreation Park has two seated stands, one on each side, totalling 919 seats. The main stand, which has just over 400 seats, runs approximately half the length of the pitch and is raised above ground level. The other stand, on the Hilton Road Side, is used by away team supporters. Views from both the main stand and the Hilton Road Side are impeded by the floodlight pylons, which run along each side of the pitch. The rest of the ground is open terracing, apart from a small cover at the Clackmannan Road End. The Ochil Hills are clearly visible behind the Railway End of the ground. Since 2007, an artificial pitch has been used at Recreation Park. The 3G surface was replaced in 2016 with upgraded MX TriMension technology.