What a pretty town and great club. The views from pitchside are superb. Food is superb and if youre a Belper fan, its possibly the best merchandise store Ive seen at an away ground. There is parking in the town for a reasonable cost as its limited at the ground.
Cosy little small town club, great football match. Surrounding area is beautiful with great scenery and nearby town.
Decently priced drinks, quick service and good vibes. Little bit of parking but not too much per se.
The club originally played at the Acorn Ground, before moving to Christchurch Meadow in 1951, taking over from a junior team, Field Head. The ground initially had a single stand on the northern side of the pitch, but it was demolished in the early 1960s to allow the adjacent West Mill to be extended. Parts of it were reused to build a new stand on the opposite side, although the stand ran from the halfway line to one corner rather than being positioned centrally. The club bought the freehold to the ground in 1986 for £6,000. New dressing rooms were built in 1999 and new 500-seat stand opened in 2003. The ground also has a covered stand, the Reg Walker Stand, with a capacity of 300. The record attendance of 3,200 was set for a match against Ilkeston Town in 1955.